Tour Plan Policy
A Tour Plan is required when traveling more than 50 miles (one way) from your meeting place.
Click here to download the Tour Plan Form
At least one adult on pack overnighter must have completed Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO), Hazardous Weather and Youth Protection.
Cub Scout Packs or Webelos Den’s are REQUIRED to complete a Tour Plan if they are traveling more than 50 miles (one way) from their meeting place. Cub Scout Packs or Webelos Den’s that are planning an overnight outing are REQUIRED to complete a Tour Plan regardless of how far the trip is. The outing must be on Council property or an approved Pack Overnight Site. A Tour Plan is NOT REQUIRED when attending a District Event, Council Sponsored Event(Cub and Family or Jamborees), Cub Resident or Webelos Resident Camp.
Boy Scouts or Venture Crews:
At least one adult on the outing must have completed Hazardous Weather and Youth Protection.
Boy Scout Troops or Venture Crews are REQUIRED to complete a Tour Plan if they are traveling more than 50 miles (one way) from their meeting place. This does not include council property (Boxwell, Grimes or Parish) unless High Adventure activities will take place (Rappelling Tower, COPE, i.e.). A Tour Plan is required for Latimer High Adventure Reservation.
Leadership and Training:
Boy Scouts of America policy requires at least two adult leaders on all BSA activities. Coed Venturing crew must have both male and female leaders older than 21 for overnight activities. All registered adults must have completed BSA Youth Protection training. At least one registered adult who has completed BSA Youth Protection Training must be present at all event and activities. Youth Protection training is valid for two years from the date completed.
- Where swimming or boating is included in the program, Safe Swim Defense and/or Safety Afloat are to be followed. If climbing/rappelling is included, then Climb On Safety must be followed.
- At least one person must be current in CPR/AED from any recognized agency to meet Safety Afloat and Climb on Safety guidelines.
- At least one adult on a pack overnighter must have completed Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO).
- At least one adult must have completed Planning and Preparing for Hazardous Weather training for all tours and activities.
- Basic First Aid is recommended for all tours, and Wilderness First Aid is recommended for all backcountry tours.